Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Getting Better

Ok, let's get the Bad out of the way.  The Packers lost their playoff game on Sunday.

Go Packers!?

It wouldn't have been so bad had they not had such a great season.  A great quarterback.  And a great chance at winning the Superbowl again this year.  They just played sooooo badly on Sunday.

Being the lone Wisconsin-born fan that I am up here in Toronto, I can't even commiserate with fellow local fans.  Instead, I have my Minnesota-born Vikings fan mommy friend gloating at school drop-off and pick-up :)

The Good?  We got snow on Friday!

What's going on out there?

Henry was home from school finishing up his cold, so he got to go outside and play in it.  Lucky for George, he's just the right height to stand at the back storm door and watch out the window.

Then he got to check it out for himself...from the inside.

Curious George



I wish I had gotten a picture of his face when he put some in his mouth.  Clean snow - I grabbed some fresh from outside, not this floor stuff, Mom.  It was shock and horror all at the same time.  But since the snow melted on impact, a smile appeared instantly.

Drippy nose

That's kind of a bad picture...he looks funny.  But you get the idea.  I blame his everlasting runny nose & chest cough that won't end. 

Now for the Getting Better...

Ta Da!

Ok, it doesn't look terribly amazing, but believe me, it is.  We got Project Clean Out The Cupboards done.  I'm so glad it's over.  So is Steve.  Yesterday, he said to me, "I can't believe how good it feels to open the cupboards and not see such a dirty mess anymore."  A man after my own heart.

I even found some perfectly fitting baskets from Pier One that were ON SALE.  Oh yes, those are caps.  I am literally selling items on Craigslist to fund this slow-going kitchen facelift, so...sale = amazing.

Also of note, our toaster used to have a permanent spot on the counter.  I'm currently testing out a lower cabinet home which is going well.  I'm loving the less crowded look.

Come chop here

For me, de-cluttering = de-stressing.  I love it.  I see more Craigslist and Goodwill donations in my future...

Up next, a plan to get this kitchen facelift in gear.  For Real.

No comments:

Post a Comment