Monday, November 28, 2011

Signs the Renovation is Over

For years, I've been wanting to replace our storm doors.  We have one on our front door and one on our back door.  They came with the house when we bought it - both old, loud and impossible to clean.  They had seen better days.  But since we planned to undergo a major dirty, dusty renovation with lots of big guys wearing big boots coming and going through our doors, we decided to wait until the project was done.

When I came home from our Thanksgiving trip, I saw this.

OMG!

I don't have a before picture of the storm door closed.  So you can't get the full "yuck" effect.  But trust me.  It was yuck.

Instead, I have other before and after pictures you've seen in my previous post on the mudroom.  Here are some comparisons:

Before: From the inside

Yuck: bar in the middle of the glass, always visible screen, big bottom panel...

After: let there be light

...now there's so much light streaming in, the flash on my camera wouldn't go off.  The slide away screen is magic and the lower panel is gone.

Before: from the outside

Yuck: hate that handle and oh, where's the closer?  It fell off at the peak of subcontractor traffic.  Nice.

After: I can use my foot?

Heavy duty handle (that has it's own lock) and a handsfree closer.

Can I be a little bit in love with a door?

Yes, that is unpainted trim at the top...which will probably stay that way until Spring when the temps go back up.  But that's ok.  I'm still in love.

Credit: This post wouldn't have happened without my amazing step-father-in-law's hard work and DIY skills.  Thank you soooo much.  Your case of beer is waiting for you in our front hall.

No comments:

Post a Comment