Thursday, August 09, 2012

Basement Bathroom Update

I'm behind!  I have to update the trip to Green Bay and the big reveal of my parent's livingroom.  But it is summer...and we are still BUSY! 

While I prep those posts, here's a quick one about a big cross off my to-do list.



Notice anything wrong with this bathroom? 

If you said a cluttered sink, you are right.  Still no towel bar.  No paper towel holder. 

Ok, it's been 10 months since the basement renovation was finally done.  Why is it that the finishing touches can take that long to complete?

Maybe because all towel bars in Canada are 18' or 24" long and the vanity I need to mount it to is 17" deep.  Fail.

In comes homedepot.com (not .ca - I tried) with the towel bar of my dreams.  9" long?  Squared chrome finishings?  Mine.  

Of course, the matching toilet paper holder would be on back order for months.

But 4th of July meant pick up in New Berlin.  And yesterday meant installation. 

Ready?  (Sorry for the bad brown-y discoloration of a grey bathroom)

Before
During
After

Yes, I'm in love.

The best part?  You don't see the towel or the TP when you walk towards the bathroom anymore!!

(Color is better with the iphone)


Clean

Come closer.  See them yet?

Hiding

Oh, there they are.

And they look good....

Pretty

Again in brown-y??

Before
After

It's a new basement bathroom all over again. 

2 comments:

  1. Looks so great! Strange question but where is your toilet from? We are doing a bathroom renovation and need a small toilet. I love how skinny yours is! Glad to have discovered your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so great! Strange question but where is your toilet from? We are doing a bathroom renovation and need a small toilet. I love how skinny yours is! Glad to have discovered your blog btw!

    ReplyDelete