Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Family Birthday Fun

October's kinda special here.  We have two birthdays in this family and host a weekend full of Americans to celebrate them.  Trust me, Americans like to party.

First up was the birthday boy, Henry.

I'm 6!!!

I don't know how that happened.  Yesterday he looked like this.

Baby Henry!

I must have blinked.

He got his wish, a chess set.  Again, what is going on with this kid?



The other October birthday was me.  I got the best present ever.

Coffee, Donut & Cards

Yes, 29 again.  Such a great age to relive over, and over, and over.

So let's get to the partying. 

My whole family -mom, dad, sister, brother, sister-in-law, toddler nephew, infant nephew- drove in from the Midwest, USA.  It was raining the whole drive, the Allen was backed up in Toronto when they got here, so naturally we started drinking the moment they arrived.  Party!

The next day, we hit the park. 

Sun!

These toddlers are like twins.  Only born 2 months apart, they do everything together.  (No, we didn't plan it) 

Trucks!

Even if they aren't in the same room together, they are doing or playing with similar things.  But it's just so cute when the ARE in the same room.  It's like a mirror.

We did actually have a real party.  Like during the day.  Without wine.  Ok, there was wine, just not for kids.

In Action

Steve's side of the family joined my side of the family to have one big family birthday party for Henry.  There are six candles on that cupcake.  But I just realized there are six cupcakes in that tray.  I'm such a good, coordinated mom!

Henry got tons of awesome presents.  One we still have to run an errand to complete.  More on that later...

After the party, we got down to business.

You Sank My...

What party weekend is complete without a little competition? 

Winning!

In my family, some like to challenge themselves more than others.


We've had that rubik's cube in our basement for years now.  I have no idea where it came from.  We had a few as kids, but not one was every solved in my family after the package was opened. 



Until now. 

Holy...!!

I think the highlight of the weekend for my brother was this damn thing.  He spent 4 hours watching a video on youtube showing how to solve it.  I really couldn't believe he did it.

And I hope he will enjoy receiving a special delivery via my father just as much...it may contain that same rubik's cube accompanied by a note from my boys...

All kidding aside, we had a fantastic weekend.

My Toddler With The World's Happiest Baby

I have the most fantastic family.

Best Shot From The Weekend

And I can't wait to do it all over again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment