Friday, February 28, 2014

Food, Family and Fun

I've found something so inspiring, I feel like I'm living a lie.  It's a cookbook.  But I can't cook.  So it's perfect.


I'm not into celebrity perfumes, shoes or clothing lines.  So why would I be into this celebrity cookbook?  Just read that cover.

I am toooootally a can't cook.  I don't enjoy cooking.  I like to eat good food.  But there's not much else out there that stresses me out like trying to think of a recipe, prep all the food and then cook everything to deliciousness. 

I would rather put together an IKEA Expedit.  The big one.  By myself. 

So imagine my amazement, standing there in the big chain bookstore, when I decided I should buy this cookbook.  For me.  Steve couldn't believe it either. 

Then I tried it out.

Potatoes, Parsnips, Carrots
Deliciousness

Actually, the real scene was more like this...I had to make them stop to snap a pic.



Super delicious!  And sooooo easy!!!  I even made her burgers to go with the fries.

They are EATING it!
Him TOO!!!

Parsnips were gone first.  Then the potatoes, followed closely by the carrots.  I wouldn't have believe it if I didn't see it myself.

Since the purchase, I've successfully made 5 recipes (2 of them multiple times) on my own.  Which is key, because I'm married to someone who loves to cook.  And yes, that makes me even more of a can't cook. 

But I can still make a cake and brownies!

Birthday Boys

The annual February birthday celebration happened last weekend.  Both boys couldn't have been happier.  Or scored bigger on balloons and presents.


Neither could stay still with their balloon-o-grams from Uncle Joe, Aunty Peggy and cousins Charlie and Ben. 

Every year those bunches bring smiles to their faces that last all day.  And those balloons can last for months. Which is awesome, because the biggest one in the bunch plays music.  (Don't tell him, but Steve said he's going to hide one in Uncle Joe's drywall this summer)


Dreams Come True

The biggest got a diamond hat he's been dying for and wheeled shoes he's been dreaming of.

I Only Need This One


The littlest got a package of 3 trucks and didn't care about any more presents. 

Ahhh...the life of a three year old.

Actually...the life of an 8, 6 and 3 year old!


They were spoiled with Mimi (grandma) time all weekend long.  And loved it.

Bubba was there, too...

More Cooking?

...and he found his love of Kale Chips. 

GONE

I decided to make something healthy after the weekend of treats, snacks and too much vino.  But this can't cook couldn't keep up with the demand for her kale chips!  This is the only picture I have of the "wafers of life".  That was a sober comment made by my father. 

And lastly, a little bit of fun around here.

No More Diapers!?!?

We've started going poo on the toilet.  I'm a big proponent of toilet training late with boys.  It wasn't worth the fight with my eldest, so we waited until he was closing in on 4.  He did it in a weekend.  Same with the middle.  So this attempt is premature with the littlest...but is there anything better in life than flushing clean toilet paper?

Bedhead

Waking up from naptime, I saw this.  Guess who's getting a haircut this weekend?

Brothers

And this: the ongoing saga of 3 boys sleeping in the same room, and me taking pictures of them sleeping.

Priceless.



No comments:

Post a Comment