Friday, November 29, 2013

Being Thankful

My American roots were showing this week.  Something about that big turkey-related holiday.  I can try to be as Canadian as I want, but I can't not celebrate American Thanksgiving. 

Cayuga Lake

This is our 6th year celebrating it in upstate New York, where my aunt and uncle live.  My mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law and sister all caravan here from the Midwest.  We rent a house on the lake, so it's a true getaway for everyone. 

Freezing Cold Hike

This is the first year it snowed while we're here.  Thank god I packed the boots. 

Taughannock Falls

But it didn't matter. Middle child couldn't feel his feet midway through the hike.


Kid Table

It's the first year the cousins sat together unattended for more than 5 seconds. 


Family

And the first time all adults were in the picture together.  Thank you, middle child. 

And thank you, family, for making it another memorable turkey day.


No comments:

Post a Comment