Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Door done

Third coat finished during naptime this morning.

I walk by it and get a warm fuzzy feeling.

I'm in love!

Here's the transformation by coat:

Before
One Coat
Two Coats
Three coats = DONE

Streaks are gone.  It's a deep, rich, velvety brick red.  

With the bell cover back on, I'm kinda thinking that needs to be painted red, too.  But don't worry.  That red paint will be making a reappearance.  Now that I've put three coats on the back of the door, I decided I need to add one to the front this spring.  It's lookin' a little pink on the outside compared to the true red on the inside....

...which, did I say, I LOVE!

3 comments:

  1. That looks fantastic! Your mudroom looks so much brighter, and i really like the red you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I can honestly say it makes me smile every time I walk by. Now to figure out making the rest of it do that...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your door and transom up above! The colour is luscious. Looks fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete