Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sunset

Last week I lost my Auntie Pam. 

Anyone who knew her loved her.  And anyone who loved her is mourning her courageous and heroic fight against cancer.

We traveled south to be with my dad's family in Florida for her funeral.  Steve is my hero for staying home with the boys while I was away.  And my mother-in-law is a saint for taking George for a couple nights. 

While it was a heartbreaking reason for our side of the family to be all together again, it felt good to support each other by just being there. 


Mom & Dad - Nokomis Beach, Venice, FL

On our last night together, we brought wine to the beach, watched the sunset and toasted Pam.  I can't think of a better way to celebrate and say goodbye.

Auntie Pam, I love you.  I'll miss you more than I can say.  
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment